No Nonsense Pulled Brisket | SCD, GAPS, Paleo, Low oxalate, Low FODMAP
Pulled brisket done right | SCD, GAPS, Paleo, Low oxalate, Low FODMAP
- 3 lbs Brisket
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, large
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey (skip for Low FODMAP)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat a large skillet over a medium flame for around 5 minutes
- Add oil to the pan and sautee garlic and onions until garlic begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Set garlic and onions aside.
- Braise the brisket in the same pan, 3 minutes on a side, until the meat begins to brown
- Transfer the brisket to an oven-safe baking dish. If not on Low FODMAP, add onions and garlic to bottom of pan.
- Cover baking dish and place inside the oven. Cook for 2½ hours.
- Remove from oven, uncover the baking sheet, turn the brisket and return to oven for another 15 minutes
- Remove the brisket from the oven and allow to rest at least 10 minutes
- While the brisket is still warm, with a fork pull beef threads apart along the grain
Sodium: 120mgCalcium: 14mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 1IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 526mgCholesterol: 94mgCalories: 286kcalSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 13gProtein: 32gCarbohydrates: 3gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!