Glazed Ginger Salmon | SCD, GAPS, Low FODMAP, Low Oxalate
No soy, ginger salmon
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic halved discard after cooking for low FODMAP
- 1 tbsp maple syrup substitute honey for SCD
- ½ tsp Tabasco sauce original red sauce
- 1½ lbs salmon, filleted works with wild caught!
- 4 sprigs green onion, chopped for serving
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for serving
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Preheat iron skillet on high. You can also use an oven-safe steel skillet, but prepare to deal with some stickiness. Make sure to rinse salmon.
- While things are preheating, heat up a small sauce-pan on medium heat, and place the coconut aminos, ginger and garlic. Once the sauce begins to simmer add honey and hot sauce. Turn the heat off, but leave pan on burner.
- Once the skillet is hot, place salmon face down (skin should be facing up), and cook for 3 minutes
- Turn salmon, and brush glaze over the salmon. Place the salmon in the preheated oven.
- Remove the salmon after 6 minutes and cover. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. The salmon may look slightly pink, but it will continue to cook as it rests.
Sodium: 430mgCalcium: 42mgVitamin C: 3mgVitamin A: 188IUSugar: 3gFiber: 1gPotassium: 878mgCholesterol: 94mgCalories: 281kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 11gProtein: 34gCarbohydrates: 8gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!