Best Grain Free Bread | SCD, Paleo, GAPS, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Unbelievable fluffy, and satisfying sandwich bread. Goes great with homemade jam.
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil not virgin
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened homemade, for SCD
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300° F, and grease the sides of the bread pan.
- Place the pistachios, pumpkin seeds, and oil in food processor.
- Process for 5 minutes, until smooth.
- Line the bottom of a 8.5" x 4.5" latex bread pan with parchment paper.
- Place the nut butter and yolks into a medium bowl. Blend well using a hand blender, or preferably a mixer. Add, vinegar, honey and milk, and continue mixing.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl, until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Pour the egg whites and dry ingredients into the nut butter and mix thoroughly. Once the baking soda and vinegar combine they will start to react. You'll want to have your bread pan and oven ready so you can begin backing immediately.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and then directly into the oven. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick can be stuck and removed cleanly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Then flip over and allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour on a cooling rack.